Sunday, July 28, 2013

Close to my Heart Artbooking and Frosted paper




This is my version of a snow globe that is in our New Idea Book (avail 8/1/2013)  I used 5.9 inch glass cylinder with candle holder drop in (found at Micheal's craft stores)  I used the Artbooking cartridge to cut the snowflake boarder for the top, used the stamp set in Frosted Workshop on the Go Card making kit to stamp the trees, larger snowflakes and saying.  All paper used is from the Frosted paper pack.  The trees were stamped using Ponderosa Pine in 1 and 2nd generation.  The snowflakes are inked with Twilight.  I heat embossed the larger snowflakes with White Daisy embossing powder.  I added some stardust glitz gel to the small hanging snowflakes.
The inside of the drop in candle holder I sprayed with Krylon's silver webbing then sanded to make it look antiqued and paint peeling.  I used white glitter to fill the bottom of cylinder and shook it around so it was between the glass and the trees and snowflakes.  the static in glass and glitter helped it stick to the sides.  I used red line tape in very small amounts to adhere the paper cutouts to the inside of the glass.  I then added some battery tea lights.  It looks very nice in the dark.  It's hard to tell from the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment